Gravitation Saw Band cutting machine Pilous ARG 260
Innovated version of the well-known ARG 250 model series that has been produced for 25 years, with a brand new, uniquely
designed saw band arm. Increased maximum diameter of the split material from 250 mm to 260 mm. The latest concept of the arm
casting with cavities is fitted with running wheels with an increased diameter. The larger diameter of the wheels ensures less
bending stress of the saw band. All this ensures an outstanding rigidity of the whole system, long service life of saw bands and
maximum cut precision. The hollow parts of the arm contains all wiring and coolant lines, which protects them from damage. The
new arm concept also greatly simplifies saw band replacement or cleaning of the inside of the arm - you just open the hinged
cover and it stays in the upper position. Apart from creating an entirely new design of the arm, we also made many technical
adjustments and changes improving the quality, user comfort and service life of the machine. In addition, the arm uplift now also
has a height-adjustable lever for ergonomic operation. As an accessory, you can use a saw band cleaning brush, synchronously
driven from the drive wheel.
Universal robust band saw is appraised for general use in continuous uninterrupted production plants and in work-shops (work
on locks, maintenance) as well. Industrial band 27 x 0.9 mm is manufactured in many versions and allows for cutting of wide
range of materials, including stainless steel or tool steel.
Large base and massive arm turning system with large loading surfaces ensure exceptional stability of the machine even when cutting
heavy workpieces. The band saw arm uplift is manual; the feed into cut is carried out by the weight of the arm, with the possibility of
continuous regulation by the oil damper butterfly valve. When the cut is finished the band saw drive automatically switches off. To facilitate
easy arm uplift the machine is equipped with adjustable tension springs that allow for setting of optimum force required for the arm uplift
according to characteristics of the material to be cut.
- Continuous adjustment of the cutting angle within the range 90°–60° when the workpiece is clamped tight.
- Very robust machine framework composes of castings from grey cast iron and ensures vibration absorption.
- Modern concept of the band saw arm allows for large cutting ranges in upright and angular cuts.
- Simple locking and adjusting of the desired cutting angle on the angle scale.
- Massive quick-clamping vice ensures easy and reliable material clamping.
- Large diameter running wheels and precise three-side hardmetal guiding ensure long service life of the band and cutting accuracy.
- Overdesign of running wheel bearings, tensioning wheel system and all rotary parts ensures long service life of the machine.
- Noiseless and maintenance-free band drive is provided by an industrial electric motor with worm gearbox.
- Three-phase two-speed motor (400 V) allows for the selection of band speed between 40 and 80 m/min.
- The machine is connected to a complete cooling system with a high-performance pump and possibility of regulating the
- flow on both guiding heads independently. Coolant tank with a pump is placed in the base of the machine.
- Easy control by ergonomically placed controls (electrical and hydraulics) on the base of the machine.
- A continuously adjustable stop with a 500mm scale is sup-plied with the machine.
Download technical data sheet